Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a Question!?!


I forgot to blog that two weeks ago Ana, Tet and I went to Divisoria. It’s been a year since the I last went. Well, nothing’s new still cheap merchandise, traffic or course but not too many people for a change. It was not holiday then that’s why it’s kinda comfortable to walk in Divisoria. Well we bought so much that time. Not like if we went shopping in malls 1,000 bucks is not enough to buy a skinny jeans. However, when I went to Divi I bought it for half the price. That’s why I love shopping at Divisoria, it’s the cheapest place to buy things.

Oh well here’s my story, I went to a Chinese drug store to buy a bur herding (I don’t know the right pronunciation or the right spelling of it) but it’s a solid menthol ointment for headaches. Anyways I asked for the lady if how much for one bur herding and told me it’s 25 bucks so I counted how many people I will going to give my sister helped me count also so I counted

“Si mama, si ate, si ate, ako, ikaw, ako, ana”

I lost my count again. So I repeat counting and saying their names I think I count them three times. After I gave the money to the lady she asked me if how old my sister is then I said:

“14 na po”

I thought she was goin to ask me then how old are you and after than she will tell me that our age gap as sisters were so big.

That’s what I thought.

Too bad that’s not the one she asked… So she asked me:

“Eh ilan taon na po kayo nag-asawa?”

and I was.. my jaw dropped that time. I was shocked, surprised and didn’t know what to say after she asked me that.

I just couldn’t believe someone will ask me that kind of question. I was always napagkakamalan as a mom. That time I don’t know what to say I thought I’m ok with that entire motherly question when I’m with my sister. So maybe when the lady saw my reaction she just apologized for what she’s done and I just told here I’m ok, It’s fine even deep down inside……I’m not

Well, realizing the scene I got curious with her question maybe I do still look young that’s why she asked me that question coz’ all along she thought were mother and daughter. But why on earth that question? Or maybe because my tindig, tone and the way I talk to my sister is like a mother thingy?

Actually I somehow forgot that embarrassing scene thanks to April she brought it up again….

No comments: